Thursday, November 16, 2017

Torn Paper for Christmas


Every month there is a technique challenge on the 
This month the technique is called torn paper and you find all
the details on the blog HERE.
I made 3 cards with this fun technique.
Grabbed some papers out of my Club Scrap box and the
I started with cutting a 12x12 piece of blue scrapbook paper
into 3 strips of 4 x 12 inch and folded each in half to make
three cards.

Card #1
I still had a gnoom left from my other Christmas  cards
I made for the Card Folio last month and I came up
with this fun idea of the the peeping gnoom.
I embossed the white paper with snowflakes,
colored it a little blue and teared all sides.
Then I made the hole in the middle and taped
the gnoom behind it. The sentiment is from the
Scandinavian Holiday Stamps and punched out
and taped to the card. 
The baker's twine is from my stash.

Card #2
Again I started with an embossed snowflake background.
Next I ripped two pieces of paper for the bottom to 
look like snow by adding a little blue ink to the torn borders.
The reindeer is stamped in beown and cut out.
With foam tape I added the animal to the card.
The sentiment is punched out and one side is also torn
to fit with the border of the card.

Card #3
For this card I took 3 pieces of paper and 
stamped the snowflake stamps from the Scandinavian
Holiday stamps on all of the papers. Next the paper was 
torn into strips and made into a background for this card.
The trees are stamped with versamark on dark blue paper
and embossed in white. Cut out by hand and added to the
card with foam tape. The sentiment is also embossed in white.
The card is finsihed of with some hemp from my stash.

Thank you for looking
and have a creative day!

3 comments:

Laura said...

Beautiful cards, Hetty! And very fun torn paper styles! Thanks for sharing! Now I want to try some!

KnitterPam said...

Great examples for the torn paper technique and the Scandinavia kit from Club Scrap!

Capescrapper said...

Hetty, this is just such a clever way to incorporate the torn paper into your card - I just love the little peek a boo spot for your gnome!