Thursday, May 29, 2014

TH May tag: Boy


So near the end of the month, I finally have time
to make my tag of May for the Tim Holtz
12 tags of 2014. You find his teachings
for this tag over at his blog HERE.

As I had still my Club Scrap Dungarees kit on
the table, I came up with this fun boy tag idea.
I think it will end up on one of the scrap pages
of my grandson! 

Now I share with you how I made
this tag:

I started out with the Cape Cod stencil, a tag and 
vintage photo distress ink.

I cut out this frame with my tag and bookplate die.
 Then I embossed the frame with clear embossing powder.

The background for the frame is decorated  with
a piece of printed Dungarees paper stamped with stars 
from the Cape Cod um stamps.
Here a close up of how I decorated the frame
with two pocket stamps and of course something
had to hang out of the pocket!

The sentiment is stamped with a background
stamp fromCape Cod in dark blue and the 
words in black.

As the Dungarees stamp was a little to big,
I stamped it with neon blue on shrink plastic
and glued it to the left over oval of the frame.
Made some white stiches around it with a signo pen.

Thanks for looking!


Have a creative day!






3 comments:

JansArtyJunk said...

Oh this is so cool Hetty...Love the little pockets and the shrink plastic dungarees...Very clever tag! Love it! Jan x :)

Claudine said...

Nicely done Hetty

Laura said...

Too cute! Youndid a fantastic job! Love it, Hetty!!