Saturday, July 14, 2012

Brewed Awakenings 1

 Yesterday my new Club Scrap pizzabox arrived.
Inside was a kit called Brewed Awakenings.
This kit has not only scrappapers, but also 
projects inside with tutorals to follow online
(you get a password when you buy the kit).
These tutorials by Kay Williamson and Tricia Morris
are very instructive and even have written
instructions to go with it as well.
 Before starting to use the stamps,
they have to be prepared. 
They are unmounted and need to be cut. 
I want to share with you how I do this
before shareing all the artwork I make
out of this box.

I start with cutting the rubber and but it on a newspaper
with the backside up to smear  "Mount-It" adhesive on it.
This needs to dry. It is a kind of glue that will stay sticky
and so i can use this to stick the stamp to an acrylic blog.

  While waiting for the stamps to dry, I could not resisit
and use my old Club Scrap Mocha Java stamps and paper
to make these two cards. Unfortunately these stamps are
all sold out, but you can always try and find them on Ebay.
Now the stamps are dry. And one can stick them to a plastic
background. So this is what I do:
I make a mirrored copy of the sheet that comes with the stamps.
I glue them back to back and
I stick the sheet into a laminated pouch and laminate the
stamp sheet.
 When the sheet has been trough the machine it is
ready to stick the stamps on.
When all the stamps are on the sheet, I keep
the stamps in a file like this:
On one side you can see the stamps and on the
otherside you see the rubber. I keep one year
of Club Scrap stamps in one folder.

Now I can stamp!
For my first project I used:
the stencil from the Brewed Awakenings box
the unmounted stamps,
a sheet op paper cut 4,5 x 5,5
one of the pannels
Club Scrap hybrid inkpad earth and sandstone
brads from my stash
First I used the stencil to add the word
coffee to the pannel. I made it in two colors
with the hybrid ink pads.
Light on the top and dark on the bottom.

When it was dry I stamped the cups and colored
them with the faber castel pencils from the
Full Circle kit.
With one of the word stamps I finish the stamping.
The border of the pannel is distressed and
added some earth color with a blender tool.
This is the finished card:
Please come back again to see the other
projects I am going to make soon.

Have a creative day!

4 comments:

Marrigje said...

Geweldige kaart heb je weer gemaakt Hetty. Ik had hem al gezien op FB. Deze serie stempels zijn wel om hebberig van te worden :o)

Ik wilde je vragen over de Mount-it. Ik heb het lang gebruikt, want ik vind het een geweldige manier van je stempels te mounten, maar de lijm wordt bij mij uiteindelijk bruin, en laat los van de stempel. Doe ik iets fout? Of heb ik gewoon pech (just my luck)
Groetjes
Marrigje

Adair said...

I love your card! That stencil is fabulous! Thank you for showing how you store your unmounteds. I never would have thought to laminate the index. What an excellent idea!!!

Thank you for sharing all your creative work, Hetty. You're wonderful!

Jennifer said...

Great cards! Thank you for the great tutorial on how to prepare and store stamps!

Marjie Kemper said...

What an unusual set! Very cool... love the cards and you sure are organized. Laminating = genius!