Saturday, November 20, 2010

Inspiration Challenge

If it is the 20th of the month, then its time for Dude Time Doodles Inspiration Challenge. Take whatever inspires you in this picture and let your creativity flow.

In the very short time that Bonibleaux Designs has come into existence, our fearless leader has accomplished so much and, like the mailman who works regardless of the weather (with the exception of Sundays and holidays) and that silly rabbit that keeps on ticking (or is it the watch), Boni continues to inspire the design team through all the rough spots while fighting the flu bug for the past two weeks. Get well Boni, we need you!

You have two weeks to post your creation on Dude Time Doodles Challenge blog. You can add your link to your post there. The top three winners and top blog winner will be announced on December 3. In the meantime stop by The Dude Time Doodles to see the art of my fellow design team members.

Here is what I came up with:

A card for Thanksgiving. Here in the Netherlands that is not celebrated and i do feel for all these turkeys being eaten that day. I looked around the internet to find some inspiration and arrived at some Greeting Card site and found some funny cards here: American Greeting Cards and even if you do not celebrate or want to send cards it is great to see and listen to these interactive cards! My favourite is "You can't gobble me".

I used wordart to make this card. i first made the text to my liking and then I inserted the picture Tom Tom Turkey.

I also made a scrap page for Hanukkah, for this Jewish Festival is also around the corner. On the first of December, in the evening, one should light the first candle.
For this page (12"x 12") I used Hanukkah Harry and Judah the Macabee.
Everything is colored with copic markers. Behind the candle holder I used a Technique Junkie technique called: Glimmer Lace from the TJ Newsletter Aug/Sept 2010
The text is done with the computer.

Hope you are inspired to make some art
and don't forget to link it to: Dude Time Doodles.
Have a creative day!

5 comments:

Anne Temple said...

Both of your projects are great Hetty. Glad to see others using stamped images on layouts too.

Boni Boutelle-Jones said...

Harry is looking festive and whoa but watch out for the Maccabees!! LOL Great page and poor Tom Tom is still fighting the good fight to stay off of everyone's platters!! GREAT job!!

Tammy said...

Both cards are wonderful! I especially like the one featuring Harry, awesome!

Fink said...

I just love that Tom is asking for another year!!! Great job with Harry! It is an awesome page!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Delightful Tom card- such a cute image and I love your shaped sentiment and the plea to eat vegetarian frm the Turkey! I love your awesome scrap page and the great images you used on it!