Friday, September 10, 2010

Rosh Hashana

Tja, zelfs Google weet dat het Joods Nieuwjaar is. In het midden zie je de ramshoorn (sjofar). Hierop wordt in de synagoge op Rosj Hasjana geblazen.
Yes, even Google knows it is Jewish New Year. In the middle you see the ram's horn (shofar). In the synagogue they blow the horn in the Rosh Hashanah service.

Hier is mijn kaart voor de 2e dag van het nieuwe jaar. Hij is gemaakt met de Cloisonné vierkant-stempel van Michael Strong. De techniek die hier gebruik is heet "paper lace" is een lesje van Michael Strong. Hiervoor heb je een stukje toilet papier nodig en helaas gaat het alleen met toilet papier uit Amerika. Ja, echt ik heb hier alle papiertjes geprobeerd, maar helaas allen met papier uit Amerika. Wil je het proberen, mail me voor de instructies.
De kaart is gemaakt met prachtig wit glanzen paper van de Papertemptress. De zilver geemboste tekst is van Zum Gali Gali. Aan het lint hangen geposte zilveren rondjes met appels (ook met pons gedaan).
Here is my card for the 2nd day of the New Year. It is made with the Cloisonné square stamp by Michael Strong. The technique I used here is called "Paper Lace" and  is by Michael Strong. For this technique you need a piece of toilet paper. And very strange, but you can only do it with American toilet paper. Yes, I have tried all kinds! If you want to try this technique too, mail me for the intructions.
This card is made with wonderful pearl white paper from the Papertemptress. The text stamp is from Zum Gali Gali and embossed in silver. The silver circles with apples are both punched out.

4 comments:

Juliet A said...

As soon as I read this I popped over to Michael Strong's blog for the directions!

I remember that you did a tutorial for paper lace with tyvek. You have a lot of good ideas for paper lace! thank you for sharing! the card is so inspiring.

Shelly Schmidt said...

Beautiful- I would love to give this a try! TFS

ModernaDesignsArt said...

Hetty, what an elegant card! TFS
I hope you'll get my card and gift for the new year soon. Shana Tova!
Hugs,
Dorly Weitzen, Israel

Terry said...

Wow Hetty, this is so beautiful and elegant! Love this! Thanks so much for visiting and commenting on my blog! Have a great day!